Shaftesbury Arts Centre Art Group
Shaftesbury Arts Centre Art Group is a small practical group, meeting at 2pm on Monday afternoons in the Phoenix Room to enjoy painting. We welcome all levels of skill in
Shaftesbury Arts Centre Art Group is a small practical group, meeting at 2pm on Monday afternoons in the Phoenix Room to enjoy painting. We welcome all levels of skill in all mediums.
During the year we have tutors in various mediums and aspects of painting. We have an exhibition once a year in the SAC Gallery and opportunities to join other exhibitions in the gallery at certain times of the year.
- 15th January – Paint or draw something that caught your eye during Christmas
- 22nd January – Still life. Your choice, on your table, or the one on the main table
- 29th January – Own work
- 5th February – Helen Baddeley will tutor us on landscapes in acrylics
- 12th February – Helen will continue helping us to perfect our techniques
- 19th February – Mid-term break
- 26th February – Portraits. Bring photos or sit for the group
- 4th March – James Budden will tutor us in watercolours
- 11th March – Joint topic
- 18th March – Drawing and painting buildings
- 25th March – Spring still life
- 1st to 15th April – Easter break
Our annual exhibition will be held from 20th to 26th March 2024.
13 Bell Street, Shaftesbury, Dorset SP7 8AR