Established in 1957, Shaftesbury Arts Centre is now recognised as one of the best volunteer membership-led arts centres in South West England. The Centre incudes a 157-seat, fully equipped theatre, associated multi-use rooms and a dance studio, as well as a popular professional gallery. We have a popular and varied year-round programme of amateur and professional plays, films, art, photography and craft exhibitions, workshops, and training courses.
Arts Centre Manager
Shaftesbury Arts Centre’s successful and growing programme means we are now seeking to recruit an Arts Centre Manager. This role could include:
- Coordinating the bookings calendar and helping develop the programme of artistic events at the Centre
- Coordinating volunteer activities, including recruitment, induction, rotas and training records
- Dealing with enquiries from the public
- Ensuring that the Centre meets the requirements of current legislation, such as health and safety and licensing laws and safeguarding children arrangements
- Coordinating the Centre’s publicity and marketing activities
- Developing partnerships with local businesses, educational organisations, and the community to encourage engagement in artistic activities
- Helping develop the Centre as a community and cultural hub for Shaftesbury
If you have experience in the arts and/or theatre sector, preferably working with volunteers and with excellent communication and organisational skills, then we would be keen to hear from you.
Full details of the role can be downloaded here.
To apply, please email a copy of your CV, as well as a covering letter/supporting personal statement telling us why you feel you meet the essential criteria in the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 30th September 2022.