It costs over £1,500 a week to run the Shaftesbury Arts Centre. Please help support us by becoming a member. Membership is open to all and runs for 12 months from the date you join and is renewable annually. You can pay using any major credit card.
Renew an Existing Membership – select My Membership after logging in.
Becoming a member means you are not only eligible to take part in any of the centre’s many activities but you also:
- qualify for a discount on many ticket prices – and see films for free if you take out extra film society membership (this alone can more than cover the cost of membership in any year).
- can take an active part in the running of the centre (there are opportunities to volunteer in some 30 different activities from acting to bar-tending).
- can vote at the annual meeting.
- can stand for election as a main board director if you wish.
Current subscription rates (from 1 Jan 2023) are as follows:
Adult + Film Society
Joint adult (2 adults at same address)
Joint adult + Film Society
Junior (under 18)
Reduced rate Students over 18 in fulltime education and people receiving state benefits qualify for a reduced subscription. To get the reduced rate applications must be made in person and evidence of entitlement produced. Please note there is currently no reduced rate for pensioners.
Adult + Film Society reduced
Joint adult reduced
Joint adult + Film Society reduced
Renewing your membership?
You can renew your membership, or update your details online. Just go into your account, by clicking here.
Terms & Conditions (valid at 1 January 2011)
Membership: By becoming a member of Shaftesbury Arts centre you become a shareholder in the charitable company that is Shaftesbury Arts Centre and agree to the following:
- to abide by the provisions of the Memorandum and Articles of Association of the charity and its rules, a copy of which is attached here.
- to pay the charity an amount not exceeding £10 if the charity is dissolved while you are a member and for 12 months after you have ceased to be a member in accordance with clause 7 of the charity’s Memorandum of Association.
- to pay any membership subscriptions that are levied in accordance with the charity’s Articles and/or Rules.
We charge a 50p per ticket booking fee up to a maximum of £2 per transaction.
If you require tickets purchased online or over the telephone to be posted we make an additional £1 charge for this service.
Please also note:
- Shaftesbury Arts Centre is not responsible for any ticket that is lost, stolen or destroyed.
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase unless the performance is cancelled or rescheduled.
- Tickets bought online can be collected from the Box Office up to 15 minutes before the start of a performance.